Everyone likes to cool off heats especially on summer days, but, central air can be prohibitively expensive. In a situation like this, a portable air condition is the quick solution which is at the same time economical. From our research, we are able to discover some portable AC units that cut costs and temperatures. These AC can be transported from place to place to make you feel cool wherever you are, thereby saving the cost of renovating your home’s central air.
During hot periods, portable AC units usually play an important role in keeping safe the elders (who are immunocompromised), children and pets. This is because, according to the study published in the journal of political economy in 2012, conclusion was drawn out that with air condition at homes; death rate due to heat was reduced by 80% since the year 1960. No doubt, this is an enough reason to own a portable AC unit in case there is heat.
Though to purchase a good portable air conditioner can be somehow difficult, you have nothing to worry about because we have painstakingly put together some best model you can get from the market in this article.
Specifications to look for when buying portable Air conditioners
The first thing you can look out for is how it looks like, and you should observe whether it will fit decently with your interior decor. Also, you have to look at the timed settings or a remote control as this contributes to convenience. In addition, you have to consider their BTUs (British Thermal Units). This spec determines the amount of space the unit can fill with cool air. Meaning that, the higher the BTUs, the more the square feet it will be able to cover.
Therefore, with this stated factors, we’ve been able put together some list of best portable air conditioners you can purchase from the market. Ranging from the ones that can fit into single rooms to those that can cover the entire floor.
1. The Whynter ARC-14S Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
This conditioner unit helps to prevent sweltering due to summer heat by performing the function of turning a damp, stuffy room into a dry and comfortable place in no time. And in case you want to protect carpets and furniture or even halt humidity-induced mold growth, this portable Air conditioning unit is helpful.
Peradventure you prefer a gentle breeze, all you need to do is switch it to fan mode and relax. And for large rooms where the flow of some cool air is needed, Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner is the best.
It has 4 different operational modes which include air conditioner, heater, dehumidifier, and fan. These coupled with the ability to cool about 500 square feet of space and a patented auto drain function. More so, it is eco-friendly with greenhouse emission-free R-401A refrigerant, with a programmable alphanumeric display and remote control operation.
Weight: 80 lbs
- A heavy duty portable air conditioner
- Non-ozone depleting R410A refrigerant
- The moisture extracted daily is up to 100 pints.
- It can be covered with dust when the filters aren’t properly cleaned
- Price is around $500 which may not be considered as cheap
2. The BLACK+DECKER BPACT08WT 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
For decades, this Air Conditioner has been recognized as one of the America’s top brands, based on their quality construction, durable materials, and unique manufacturing, thereby making it to be user friendly. It also offers a better airflow than most of the competitor models with the aid of a vertical ventilation system.
- 24 hour on/off timer
- Sleep mode
- Remote control
- LED digital timer
Weight: 52.9 lbs
- This air conditioner unit is versatile and able to do its job without generating noise.
- The window venting system can be easily set up even by non-DIYers
- Also, being a first-rated dehumidifier, it can save your valuables from the scourge of high humidity.
- Fan should be made more powerful than it is
- Though it’s not actually the most expensive 8,000 BTU unit been sold, yet it’s not too far off.
3. SHINCO 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Peradventure you are finding it difficult to sleep properly at nights due the noise generated from an air conditioning system, here is a quiet (yet effective) unit that will suit your taste. This air conditioner is an ingenious product with low speed mode which makes it fit for night’s sleep. In addition, the SHINCO SPF2 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner helps to safe space i.e. it can be easily accommodated in small rooms. This device can effectively make a 350 square feet room comfortably cool.
This air conditioner has 2-speed fan and a 60 pint dehumidifying daily capacity that makes it to be unique among others. It has control panel that is easily accessible at the top of the device and 3 blower stages with which you can adjust the air direction as you like. These functions however help to prevent fungal and bacterial growth in rooms that could be more humid.
- Easy to install and use
- Comes with remote
- Brand: SHINCO
- Weight: 46.3 lbs
- AC, fan, and dehumidifier
- Remote control
- Not suited for big rooms
4. Honeywell MN10CESWW Portable Air Conditioner
The Honeywell 10,000 BTU portrays a minimalist design with an outstanding cooling ability. This portable air conditioner is easy to set up and can cool a room of 350 square feet. Unlike the fixed window unit, this one can be moved from your living room to the bedroom, even to the dining table.
This air conditioner can perform an extraordinary work of transforming a hot, humid interior into a cool, dry sanctuary. Its ease of operation is further enhanced by the fact that there is no need for any drainage tank.
- 70-pint dehumidification per day.
- An auto evaporation system for a no-bucket design.
- The durable chassis helps to sustain minor damage.
Weight: 61.7 lbs
- Can effectively cool a room of 350 square feet (average living room equivalence), so far the space doesn’t have cathedral ceilings or open ends.
- The remote enables you to have a total control of your portable air conditioner from any area in your room, and the auto evaporation system signifies that there is no drainage tank to watch.
- Customer service is perhaps not all it should be.